Have you had a look at the underside of your range hood and examined the filters on the exhaust fan, recently? Bet you haven’t! The sight awaiting you will not look great! The filter is there to collect the grease so if you want to learn how to clean these important filters, read more about it here.
Range Hood Filter Cleaning Process
Here is what you will require to clean your range hood filter:
- Dishcloth or paper towels
- A scrub brush that is non-abrasive
- Baking soda
- Dish soap with a degreaser
- Very hot water
Step By Step
- First, remove the filters from the hood. In most cases, the filters pop or slide out from the underside of the hood. Some have a metal loop one can grab to push the filter up and slide it out.
- Take a bucket or a sink with very hot or even boiling water. Consider boiling the water with a kettle or on the stove. The hotter the water, the more effective it will be.
- Pour in dish soap and baking soda. Squeeze a good sized squirt and a quarter cup of baking soda into the hot water. Mix it with a brush until the water is soapy.
- Insert the greasy filters in the water and ensure they are completely submerged.
- Let the filters soak fully for ten minutes.
- Remove them from the mixture and scrub the filters with a non-abrasive brush. if the grease is stubborn add more dish soap to the brush when you scrub.
- Then rinse the filters in totally hot water and dry with a clean dishcloth or a paper towel.
- Then replace the filters and get into the habit of cleaning them. Once a month should be enough!
Desert Oasis Cleaners Provides Commercial Cleaning In Phoenix
Desert Oasis Cleaners is an commercial cleaning company in Phoenix, Arizona offering a full list of commercial cleaning services including industrial floor cleaning, warehouse cleaning, factory cleaning, cleanroom cleaning, industrial breakrooms & bathrooms. We also help with industrial cleaning in Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Glendale, Gilbert, Tempe, or anywhere in the Phoenix Valley.
First impressions are vital to your business – that’s why you need the experts at Desert Oasis Cleaners who never hesitate to go the extra mile to ensure your workplace looks it’s best!