Moss dirt and stains from water can spoil the look of a a concrete wall. The permeable surface of concrete absorbs staining agents, so water and scrubbing alone won’t work all the dirt out of the porous concrete. A thorough cleaning with a concrete-safe cleanser lightens stains and usually removes them completely. Read on to learn more.
- Trisodium Sulphate
- Washing Soda
- Rubber Gloves
- Eye Protection
- Stiff Brush
- Powdered Dish Detergent
- Spray the entire wall with water to rinse off dust and dirt. Spray the wall as necessary while cleaning it so the concrete surface remains moist.
- Dissolve 1/2-ounce of trisodium phosphate (TSP) in a gallon of hot water in a large bucket. Alternatively, use 2 ounces of washing soda instead of TSP.
- Put on a pair of rubber gloves and wear eye protection. The cleaning chemicals can cause skin and eye irritation.
- Dip a stiff scrub brush into the TSP solution. Scrub the entire concrete wall surface with the TSP. Replace the solution with fresh when it becomes dirty.
- Rinse the concrete wall with clear water. TSP runoff can damage plants, so route runoff away from landscaped areas.
- Sprinkle remaining stains with powdered dish detergent. Allow the detergent to soak into the stain for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Scrub the stains with a wet brush until they fade. Rinse the area with clear water.
- Commercial concrete cleaners may remove stains that aren’t affected by TSP or dish detergent. Follow label instructions and precautions when using these products.
- Cover nearby plants with tarps to protect them as you clean, but remove the tarps promptly afterward. You can lay down scrap wood to create a runoff channel away from the plants.
Desert Oasis Cleaners Provides Commercial Cleaning In Phoenix
Desert Oasis Cleaners is an commercial cleaning company in Phoenix, Arizona offering a full list of commercial cleaning services including industrial floor cleaning, warehouse cleaning, factory cleaning, cleanroom cleaning, industrial breakrooms & bathrooms. We also help with industrial cleaning in Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Glendale, Gilbert, Tempe, or anywhere in the Phoenix Valley.
First impressions are vital to your business – that’s why you need the experts at Desert Oasis Cleaners who never hesitate to go the extra mile to ensure your workplace looks it’s best!