Flat screen televisions are now a staple in many offices. Not just for watching tv but for communicating company information, perhaps as part of a larger informative display for potential or existing customers. To look their best they need regular cleaning. Unlike traditional CRT televisions that can be cleaned with almost any glass cleaner, flat screens, particularly those with touch display capabilities are far more sensitive and prone to damage as well as being easy to scratch during the cleaning process. Read on to learn more about the best ways to keep your flat screen TV’s looking their best.
Cleaning A Flat Screen TV
- Switch the TV off an dremember it will be easier to spot oily or dirty areas when the screen is dark and it has the advantage of you not accidentally pushing buttons or triggering the touch screen functions.
- Take a soft, dry cloth and very carefully clean the screen utilizing a microfiber cloth. You can also use a dry eraser. Both are awesome choices.
- Do not make the error of pressing harder to remove oil and dirt. When you push directly on to the screen pixels can be damaged. Note this is not so much of an issue with touch screen monitors but it will pay to be prudent.
- You can take the cloth and make it damp with an equal ratio of distilled water and white vinegar.
- Surrounding the screen is a plastic edge and that can be cleaned with brand of multipurpose cleaner but ensure the cleaner does not come into contact with the TV screen.
- Do not use toilet paper, tisue paper, paper towels, your shirt or rags to clean the TV screen as the display can be damaged.
- Do not use products containing alcohol, acetone, ammonia or ethyl acetate. These chemicals can react badly with the flat screen and cause permanent damage to the unit.
- Do not spray liquid directly onto the screen as it may damage the TV if the liquid leaks into the TV. Be sure to always apply the cleaning solution to the cloth.
- If you’re cleaning your TV because it appears dirty, but then find discover the TV is physically damaged, you might be ready for a new HDTV.
Desert Oasis Cleaners Offers Commercial Office Cleaning in Phoenix and Surrounding Areas
To schedule your office cleaning services, including medical office cleaning in Phoenix and Scottsdale, learn more about Desert Oasis’s commercial cleaning services, or to get a free office commercial cleaning service quote, use our contact form to submit a request or call Desert Oasis Cleaners today at 1-480-720-0907.
First impressions are important your business – that’s why you need the professionals at Desert Oasis Cleaners who never hesitate to go the extra mile to ensure your workplace looks it’s best!