Wood cabinets, especially those in the kitchen take a lot of beating so here are some ideas to help you keep them clean. Read on to learn more.
- Mix a cup of white vinegar with a cup of water. This mild cleaning solution is perfect for everyday use on wooden cabinets. It won’t warp the wood or take off the finish.
- If you dislike cleaning with vinegar, you can use a light soap solution instead. Mix a teaspoon of dish soap with a cup of water.
- Do not use harsh all-purpose cleansers on your cabinets. They may cause discoloration and warping.
- Grease and food particles can accumulate on cabinet surfaces every time you cook. Dip a clean washcloth or cleaning rag into the vinegar solution and use it to wipe down the cabinet doors and underneath the cabinets.
- Wring out the cloth you’re using so that it’s damp, but not dripping.
Cleaning Inside Cabinets
- Spices and other foods you store in your cabinets are likely to spill sometimes, so keep the inside of your cabinets clean by wiping them out every few weeks. Wipe the cabinets out with a mild vinegar or soap solution. Dry the cabinets with a clean towel then put everything back on the shelves.
- For mild dust accumulation, use a soft and dry cloth to clean both the cabinet’s interior and exterior surfaces. The grease and steam produced during cooking will cake the dust onto cabinet surfaces, making it harder to clean off if you do it infrequently.
Oil Soap Wood Cleaner
- Oil soap removes grease and other caked-on substances without damaging wooden surfaces. It’s stronger than vinegar or a simple dish soap solution, so it’s a good product to have on hand when you want to give your cabinets a deep cleaning.
- Use a soft cloth to rub the oil soap on your cabinets using a circular motion, but not too much pressure.
- Go back over the cabinets with a clean cloth. Remove all residues from the grease and oil cleanser so that the surface of your cabinets is entirely clean.
Removing Caked-on Substances
- Food spills left unattended for a long time can harden and become quite difficult to remove. Baking soda acts as a mild abrasive that will remove the dried substance without ruining your wood. Mix baking soda with enough water to make a thick paste. Dip a cloth in the paste and use it to scrub off the caked-on substance.
- If the substance still won’t budge, apply the paste and let it soak in for 15 minutes before you scrub it away.
- You may want to use a thin spatula or another tool to help scrape off the substance.
Furniture Polish Or Waxing
- A polished cabinet exterior will give your kitchen a warm and lustrous look by bringing out the true character of the wood. Most polishes will leave either a high shine or a low luster, so choose the one that suits the look of your kitchen.
- Rub the polish over a small area of the cabinet’s exterior. Work in four or five-inch sections in order to make sure the entire surface of the cabinets gets evenly polished. Rub the polish in a gentle circular motion.
Desert Oasis Cleaners Provides Commercial Cleaning In Phoenix
Desert Oasis Cleaners is an commercial cleaning company in Phoenix, Arizona offering a full list of commercial cleaning services including industrial floor cleaning, warehouse cleaning, factory cleaning, cleanroom cleaning, industrial breakrooms & bathrooms. We also help with industrial cleaning in Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Glendale, Gilbert, Tempe, or anywhere in the Phoenix Valley.
First impressions are vital to your business – that’s why you need the experts at Desert Oasis Cleaners who never hesitate to go the extra mile to ensure your workplace looks it’s best!