If you have a vinyl banner you want to use over the long term, keeping it clean so it represents you in the best possible light is very important indeed as they can be great foot fall and revenue drivers. Vinyl is actually called PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and has the advantage of resisting both humidity and moisture. Read on to learn more about cleaning your vinyl signs effectively.
Vinyl Cleaning Banner Do’s And Don’ts
Cleaning a vinyl banner is simple, it just takes a mixture of soap and water together with a cloth that is non-abrasive. Just be cautious and do not scrub at the banner as it may cause damage to the ink on the banner. Rinse out the banner thoroughly with water and make sure it is fully dried out before you store it away. You should also avoid folding the banner. It is best to keep it in a container and cool and dry place away from sunlight. Do not use aggressive cleaning agents or detergents on the banner as it can destroy the color. Along the same lines, do not use any materials that provide abrasion or cleaning pads for the same reason. Do not use any solvents but be sure to wipe down the banner, especially if it has many colors with a microfiber or soft cloth.
The ideal way to store a banner is to keep the packaging that was used to originally ship it. If it came with some paper for protection, you could utilize it. If you no longer have the original packaging, store it so the ink on the banner does not touch other parts of the banner containing ink.
Step By Step
- When cleaning with a non-abrasive cloth make sure the cloth is not too abrasive and avoid using sponges.
- Do not use any detergents, solvents or cleaning chemicals.
- Make sure the soap you use is mild in formula and not scented. Remember to mix it with water!
- Do not use paper towels as they are usually too abrasive.
- Store the banner in a dry cool place away from sunlight.
- When you hang your banner use the proper tools as you do not want the banner to drop down to the floor, damaging the banner and presenting a trip or a fall hazard.
Desert Oasis Cleaners Provides Commercial Cleaning In Phoenix
Desert Oasis Cleaners is an commercial cleaning company in Phoenix, Arizona offering a full list of commercial cleaning services including industrial floor cleaning, warehouse cleaning, factory cleaning, cleanroom cleaning, industrial breakrooms & bathrooms. We also help with industrial cleaning in Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Glendale, Gilbert, Tempe, or anywhere in the Phoenix Valley.
First impressions are vital to your business – that’s why you need the experts at Desert Oasis Cleaners who never hesitate to go the extra mile to ensure your workplace looks it’s best!