Commercial Cleaning Cost Factors
As commercial cleaning services offer help for a wide range of property types, restaurants, officers, medical facilities, retail locations, churches, schools and more – it means the average price can vary greatly for commercial cleaning services. When you consider that some customers prefer to hire professional standard cleaners for just a one-time service and others will use the cleaning service on a daily and ongoing basis, it helps explain some of the variants in cost. So, let’s take a look at some of the factors that can impact commercial cleaning costs:
- Commercial Cleaning Rates per Square Foot
- One-Time Commercial Cleaning Rates Chart
- How Number of Windows and Bathrooms Affect Commercial Cleaning Costs
- Commercial Cleaning Flat Rates
- Commercial Cleaning Hourly Rates
Average Commercial Cleaning Prices Square Foot
The average cost of commercial cleaning is $0.11 per square foot with average commercial cleaning rates ranging from $0.07-$0.15 per square foot in 2019-2020 according to PriceItHere. Cleaning offices up to 40,000 sq ft will cost you anywhere from $04 to $.10 per sq ft. Cleaning offices up to 12,000 sq ft will cost anywhere from $.09 to $.16 per square foot.
Commercial cleaning professionals will help clean everything from offices to small storefronts less than 1,000 square feet, to larger offices and warehouses in excess of 10,000 square feet, Obviously the cost becomes higher when the space to be cleaned becomes larger. Cleaning a 10,000 square foot office obviously take greater time, a larger cleaning crew and a larger amount of cleaning supplies than the cleaning of a smaller office.
One-Time Commercial Cleaning Cost Chart
Thumbtack says you can expect to pay anywhere from $118 to $463 for a one time cleaning.
- 0–1000 square feet: $118
- 1000–2000 square feet: $150
- 3000–4000 square feet: $200
- 5000–6000 square feet: $225
- 7000-8000 square feet: $400
- 9000–10000 square feet: $463
How Number of Windows and Bathrooms Affect Commercial Cleaning Costs
In a typical office building, bathrooms, windows, kitchens or breakrooms usually take longer to clean and disinfect than offices, hallways or waiting areas. The more windows to be washed and the more numerous the high traffic areas are to be cleaned, the more expensive the total cleaning cost will be.
Following is a hypothetical breakdown of the cost of commercial cleaning with insight into how the types of spaces being cleaned can change the overall cleaning cost:
- Typical 1,000 square foot doctors office: $105. This includes, two kitchens or lunch areas, four bathrooms, 10 offices, a receptionist area, 10 windows, a sitting area, stair and sweep, mop and vacuum for all. Three hours work at $35 per hour.
- Typical 10,000 square foot business office on two floors: $210. This includes an executive office, four office, four bathrooms, customer service area, lunchroom, main entrance, show room, cleaning for all floors and front windows. Six hours work at $35 per hour.
- Typical 20,000 square foot commercial business space: $420. This includes, an executive office, lunchroom, four bathrooms, show room, customer service area, front windows, main entrance, cleaning for all floors and front windows. Twelve hours at $35 per hour.
Commercial Cleaning Flat Rates
There are some commercial cleaning companies who charge a flat rate when they clean a commercial space. Usually, they will perform a site visit to walk-through and make a determination about how many employees they will have to utilize and the expected length of the job by looking at he number of rooms, room types and square footage. They then break down the job by the hour to provide a total price to their customer.
Commercial Cleaning Hourly Rates
Cleaning rates of around $50 to $100 per hour per worker assigned to the job represent an average range of prices. Companies who charge an hourly rate may provide a free cost estimate based primarily off the amount of time it will take to clean a space. However, this estimate may vary once the job is completed as the time it can take to complete the cleaning of the same space may vary depending on what needs to be done ,therefore affecting the price of the office cleaning.
Commercial Cleaning Services Price List
TheJanitorialStore has a nice section on the blog post that lists out the different commercial cleaning services prices in a nice organized list.
- Stripping & waxing will cost you anywhere from $.30 to $.50 per sq ft
- Buffing & Burnishing will cost you anywhere from $.04 to $.12 per sq ft
- Certamic tile floor cleaning will cost you anywhere from $.12 to $.21 per sq ft
- Commercial carpet cleaning will cost you anywhere from $.08 to $.25 per sq ft
- Carpet stain and spot cleaning will cost you anywhere from $25 to $40 per hour
- Appliance cleaning will cost you anywhere from $10 to $35 per appliance
- Commercial window cleaning will cost you anywhere from $2 to $5 per window pane