If you neon sign is looking a little dingy, the following steps can help you with some clean up to make it look as good as new. WARNING: Never clean a neon sign without first unplugging; the high voltage can cause serious injuries. Do not soak the sign with the solution; the block-out paint on the neon tubes can crack and peel off. Read on to learn more.
You will need the following:
- Soft bristle nylon brush
- 1/2-cup household ammonia
- 1/2-cup water
- Plastic container
- Microfiber cloth
- Unplug the neon sign or light and allow the tubes to cool completely.
- Use a soft bristle nylon brush or a soft dry sock to remove dust from the surface of the sign. use only very light pressure to prevent damage or breakage of the light.
- Perform an inspection to look for any residue that is stubborn. Nicotine stains are a good example. If stains or residue remains, use half a cup of water with a half cup of household ammonia and pour it into a container made from plastic.
- Use a microfiber cloth and dip it into the solution you have assembled and then wring out the cloth removing the excess.
- Gently wipe the tubes with the damp cloth to remove residue and stains. Then allow the air tubes to air dry totally.
Desert Oasis Cleaners Provides Commercial Cleaning In Phoenix
Desert Oasis Cleaners is an commercial cleaning company in Phoenix, Arizona offering a full list of commercial cleaning services including industrial floor cleaning, warehouse cleaning, factory cleaning, cleanroom cleaning, industrial breakrooms & bathrooms. We also help with industrial cleaning in Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Glendale, Gilbert, Tempe, or anywhere in the Phoenix Valley.
First impressions are vital to your business – that’s why you need the experts at Desert Oasis Cleaners who never hesitate to go the extra mile to ensure your workplace looks it’s best!