Plaster walls particularly when unpainted, absorb dirt, dust and can appear dull and lifeless very quickly. Regular dusting helps but inevitably a deep clean will be needed to make sure the plaster retains its original color. Common household bleach is very effective as a cleaning agent. Read on to learn more.
- Clean the walls by dusting ensuring the dust and dirt is fully removed. You can utilize a vacuum cleaner if the wall has a rough surface.
- Keep furniture away from the walls and use a drop cloth so furniture and carpeting are covered and protected from the bleach.
- Put two gallons of cool water in a bucket and mix 1.5 cups of bleach with cool water.
- Use rubber gloves to protect your skin and take a large sponge and soak it in the solution you have made. Wring out the sponge so it is only very slightly damp.
- Use the sponge to wipe down the wall applying more bleach solution as needed. Best to start at the bottom of the wall and work your way upwards.
- Wash small areas at a time and dry each area with a towel that is clean. If you dry during the process of washing, it will prevent water from cascading down the wall, reducing streaks.
- Lastly, fill the bucket with clean water and repeat the cleaning and drying process
Test the bleach solution you have made on an area of the wall that is usually hidden to ensure damage is not caused!
- Keep the area ventilated by opening a window to minimize fumes from the bleach.
- Do not be tempted to mix the bleach with additional cleaners, especially those that have ammonia as an ingredient. Bleach and ammonia create a toxic gas.
Desert Oasis Cleaners Provides Commercial Cleaning In Phoenix
Desert Oasis Cleaners is an commercial cleaning company in Phoenix, Arizona offering a full list of commercial cleaning services including industrial floor cleaning, warehouse cleaning, factory cleaning, cleanroom cleaning, industrial breakrooms & bathrooms. We also help with industrial cleaning in Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Glendale, Gilbert, Tempe, or anywhere in the Phoenix Valley.
First impressions are vital to your business – that’s why you need the experts at Desert Oasis Cleaners who never hesitate to go the extra mile to ensure your workplace looks it’s best!